Discussing funeral arrangements is a difficult subject to tackle so soon after a loved one has passed away. The first step is to arrange a funeral planning consultation in order to make all the necessary arrangements.
Our staff are approachable, understanding and fully qualified. We will advise you on all aspects that need to be taken into consideration. In addition, the initial consultation can take place at our funeral home or in the comfort of your own home.
Many people prefer to have the consultation at home as they feel more comfortable discussing such matters in familiar surroundings. However, many people choose to conduct the initial consultation at our funeral home as they feel that this is more appropriate.
Important details regarding the funeral service will be discussed. Including the date, time and location of the funeral service. The type of funeral service will be agreed; whether the funeral is to be a cremation, traditional burial or environmental funeral. In addition, we will agree on many other aspects associated with the funeral service such as:
- Family viewing in the private chapel of rest, if required
- Type of casket or coffin
- Funeral cars such as limousines and choosing a hearse
- Route of the funeral procession
- Service sheets
- Book of remembrance
- Newspaper notices
- Advice regarding headstones
- Assistance in organisation of letters of probate and administration
- Funeral charges (if applicable). In the instance that the deceased purchased a funeral plan that covers the cost of the funeral, no further charges will be liable.